Yes, you get professional tax advice for free!
You have five options to choose from:
1. Ask me directly on this site, using my online Ask Michael form. Your question and my answer will be publicly available as part of my blog, but without your name.
2. Ask me on the world-wide open forum at Yahoo! Answers. I’m one of the leading tax experts on that forum, with 85% of my answers chosen as Best Answer. Your questions there can be answered by anybody, and the quality varies.
3. Ask me privately by email. However, this option is only available to my existing paying clients. And, of course, privacy is a relative term whenever Internet is involved.
4. Search for answers in my blog. My blog contains dozens of questions that I answered over the years, including questions from my clients and students, questions from Yahoo! Answers, as well as numerous mini-articles. The blog grows daily, so you may want to subscribe!
5. Read from 25 full-size articles posted on this site and grouped into 5 categories:
- IRS problems: letters, notices, audits, collection, past-due returns
- IRS rules for business owners: business deductions, forms, payroll
- IRS rules for real estate investors: landlords, dealers, capital gains
- Business entities: LLCs, partnerships, corporations, TX franchise tax
- Bookkeeping: best practices, missing receipts, real estate specifics